Calling this featured property a “modern luxury home in a waterfront setting with ocean views” really does understate the architectural beauty and value of this unique west coast residence.
Breathtaking Oceanfront Views
Located in Arbutus Cove, this 4,000 sq. foot home is designed to allow each room a share of the location’s view of the majestic Haro Strait.
Haro strait is a popular location for viewing marine life in Greater Victoria. Whale-watching tours are very popular in the strait due to the healthy population of Orca whales. Walking in the Saanich waterfront area reveals a wide variety of marine life such as sea lions, harbour seals, and an impressively diverse species of seabirds.
Modern features with contemporary style
This West Coast house was built in 2008 with careful attention paid to modern amenities and appointments.
- Wood panelled media room with front projection system, DVD, Apple TV, and PVR
- Colorado vNet Touch Screen control panel system for music and lighting inside & outside the house
- Illuminated “routes” through the house can be programmed for elegant navigation at night
- Audio files/CDs can be loaded onto hard drive in server in master bedroom walk-in closet
- Album cover art appears on touch screens in the house
- Speakers throughout the home and on the deck
- Touch screens also control the opening and closing of the two windows above the stairs
- TV/Phone/Networking/iPod docks wired in several places around house
- WiFi signal available throughout house
- Stainless Steel vented gas fireplaces (living room & master bedroom)
- Italian engineered hardwood radiant heated floor upstairs
- Glass step-in shower for 2 with multi jet heads for each person
- A heated towel rack sits beside his and her sinks in the master bathroom
- Natural gas outdoor fire pit on patio overlooking the ocean
- Radiant heat throughout the home is supplied by a Viessmann gas boiler
- HVAC air exchanger system throughout house with silent air extractors in each bathroom
- Instantaneous hot water system
- A backup generator and security system provide additional comfort and safety
- Elevator with fully automated door opening/closing
There’s almost too many features to list; and yet the contemporary style makes the home feel elegant and luxurious while keeping all these features accessible.
A Chef’s Kitchen
Any chef would feel ‘at home’ in this magnificently designed kitchen with many professional features that are seamlessly fitted together to match the style of the home.
- Miele appliances:
- large convection oven
- microwave/convection oven
- steam oven
- induction cooktop
- 2 dishwashers
- high speed hood fan
- Viking fridge with freezer drawer
- Sub-Zero premium wine fridge
- Caesarstone Quartz countertop in Kitchen, Office and one Bedroom on lower level
- 2 under mount sinks, one large enough to accommodate roasting pans
- 2 garburators and a trash compactor
- Tidy appliance garage and silent slide drawers with built-in organizers
Clever design touches mean that pictures honestly don’t do this kitchen justice. The amount of hidden detail in the lighting, textures, latches, hinges, and sliders used is simply a delight to experience.
No compromise in materials used
At no point will you find something was overlooked in the design and construction of this incredible home. Looking at the details, the sheer effort put into the materials used in this project is simply staggering.
- Solid cherry flat panel custom-made cabinets
- Cabreuva Km 31 hardwood flooring from Brazil
- 100% Wool Carpet throughout lower floor and stairs
- Port Renfrew Rock used for interior stone feature wall & on outside of house
- Custom silk drapes in all 3 bedrooms and den
Even the laundry room features designer touches with a raised front load washer for easy loading, a built-in ironing board, and wooden slatted pull out drying racks.
Exterior Features & Landscaping
A beautiful water feature with ground level planters, lighting, and fountains greet guests at the front entrance of the house. Low voltage landscaping lighting with lighting scenes, and recessed lighting in the driveway ensure the property is both safe and beautiful as the sun goes down.
The garden irrigation is timer controlled with a rain sensor to ensure the flower beds and lawns are well cared for.
Visitors to the home can use an intercom to quickly connect with occupants in any room. The 2 car garage offers secure parking off the street and out of sight. Even the outbuilding has a new shake roof, is dry walled inside, and has electrical wiring for convenience.
Looking for waterfront properties?
The Leslee Farrell Group of realtors are the number one choice when it comes to luxury estates and waterfront properties in Victoria BC. They have both the proven experience and a knowledge of the local property market that ensures they can locate the best properties and successful handle realty transactions without unnecessary headaches.
Even if you’ve spoken to a realtor in the past, or have one you’re currently working with, you should take a moment to speak with us and see how we can make a difference.All Articles More Like This