As Joseph Addison said, “Charity is a virtue of the heart, and not of the hands.” Indeed, Leslee Farrell’s altruistic concern for others undoubtedly comes straight from the heart. Among other accomplishments, she is actively involved in fundraising for a wide variety of local arts organizations. She also served six of her 10 years with the Victoria Hospitals Foundation (formerly the Greater Victoria Hospital Foundation) on the board of directors. Her personal commitment to give back to her community is a huge priority in her life, and her many charity successes over the years affirm her ongoing dedication to reach as many people as possible.
Leslee has been interested in helping others since she was a young girl. All throughout her life she has endeavoured to donate money, volunteered her time to many different causes, and helped to raise awareness for a variety of organizations. As a “big-picture thinker,” Leslee feels that charity work helps to keep her life in balance.
- Building Care Together Campaign Receives Pledge of $175,000 from BMO Financial Group
- Sovereign Order of St. John raises $187,000 and assists 191 mentally ill clients through their Living Spaces program
Highlights of Leslee’s Charitable Works
- Board member, Victoria Hospitals Foundation (VHF) (1998-2006).
- Served on the Patrons Council for VHF. The Better Together campaign successfully raised $12 million dollars for hospital equipment in 1996.
- Chair of VHF’s Visions, a gala fundraiser (1997-1999).
- Served two years on the Board of Advisors for the Faculty of Business at the University of Victoria.
- Active in fundraising for the Victoria Symphony, Victoria Operatic Society, Art Gallery of Greater Victoria, and Maritime Museum, to name a few.
- Member of the Union Club of BC.
- Directed annual RE/MAX support for the Symphony Splash, which takes place each summer in Victoria’s Inner Harbour.
For the Future
Leslee believes that giving back keeps a community strong and healthy. Charity is an investment into the future of a community, and Leslee’s ongoing contribution and charitable efforts has made a difference in the lives of many, and will surely continue to do so in the future.